Trucking Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Trucking Insurance Information
Since trucking companies and tractor-trailer drivers face unique risks during everyday business activities, insurance coverage can help provide crucial financial protection. All trucking operations must have a commercial trucking insurance plan with minimum specific liability coverage.
Contact Iglesias Insurance to get a commercial trucking insurance in McAllen, Texas, tailored to meet your organization’s needs.
What Is Commercial Trucking Insurance in McAllen?
Commercial trucking insurance in McAllen is a group of policies and endorsements designed to help cover the costs of common risks and exposures. Work with your agent to create coverage that complies with state and federal regulations and helps protect your company’s employees, tractors, trailers and cargo.
Public Liability Insurance
Public liability insurance provides payment assistance for third-party losses when a truck driver is at fault in an accident.
The amount of public liability insurance your trucking company must purchase is determined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Before getting your operating authority, you must have proof that your trucking insurance policy includes the minimum public liability insurance.
Commercial Auto Insurance for Trucking Companies
Every Texas company that uses vehicles to conduct business must include the state’s minimum required liability insurance coverage in their commercial auto policy. Trucking companies also use commercial auto insurance to help protect their equipment and cargo.
Basic commercial auto liability insurance includes coverage to help pay for a driver’s legal liability for third-party injuries and property damage. Your agent can help determine whether the minimum required limits provide enough coverage for your Texas trucking company.
In addition to basic liability coverage, a commercial auto policy may include the following coverages:
- Comprehensive insurance—This coverage may help pay for damages unrelated to a collision. Texas trucking companies may need this coverage to replace or repair a tractor-trailer after acts of vandalism, a fire or weather damage.
- Collision insurance—This coverage may help pay for damages to a tractor-trailer after an accident involving another vehicle or a collision with an object.
- Medical payments/personal injury protection coverage—This coverage may help cover medical bills and other financial losses if the tractor-trailer driver or a passenger is injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This policy may help pay to replace or repair a tractor-trailer if the party responsible for the damage is uninsured or lacks liability insurance coverage.
- Non-trucking insurance—This policy helps provide owner-operators with coverage when the truck is used for nonbusiness purposes.
- Bobtail insurance—This policy provides bodily injury or property damage coverage for times between loads when the truck is not hauling a trailer or other load.
- Trailer interchange coverage—This coverage helps pay for all liabilities caused by or to a non-owned trailer if both parties have signed a trailer interchange agreement.
- Non-owned trailer insurance—This coverage helps trucking companies pay for damages if a trailer in your control—but not owned—is damaged. This coverage requires a trailer interchange agreement to be in place.
- Motor truck cargo insurance—This policy helps cover accidental damage or loss of cargo for trucking companies or truck drivers.
How Much Is Commercial Trucking Insurance in McAllen Texas?
Insurers set trucking insurance premiums based on the company’s claims history, location and the value of its insured property. They also use information about the policy, such as limits and the coverages you chose, to help determine the total cost.
How to Get Commercial Trucking Insurance in McAllen
Contact Iglesias Insurance today to purchase commercial truck insurance customized to meet your needs. An agent can help you get multiple personalized trucking insurance quotes from reputable commercial truck insurance companies.