Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Commercial auto insurance is essential for companies that use vehicles for business activities. This insurance helps pay for the company’s legal liability if the driver of a company vehicle causes an accident that results in third-party injuries or property damage.
Contact Iglesias Insurance today to get a personalized quote for commercial auto insurance in Texas.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance ?
Commercial auto insurance is a contract between a company and an insurer. The company pays a premium in exchange for access to coverage that helps pay for certain damages after an accident involving a vehicle the company owns, borrows or rents.
Is Commercial Auto Insurance in Texas Required?
Texas businesses that use vehicles for everyday business must carry commercial auto liability insurance that meets the state’s minimum requirements. If your company rents or leases vehicles, your lienholder requires full coverage insurance that may include comprehensive, collision and GAP insurance policies.
Your agent can help evaluate your situation and recommend insurance coverage to help you meet any requirements from the state and your lienholder.
Who Is Covered to Drive My Vehicle?
Your commercial auto insurance may provide coverage in several situations, depending on who is driving the vehicle at the time of an accident.
Anyone driving a vehicle covered by your commercial auto insurance policy, including vehicles your company owns, borrows or hires, is insured if they have your permission to operate the vehicle. These drivers are called permissive users. Your policy refers to the named insured as the company or person listed in the policy’s declarations.
Talk with your agent if you have concerns about who may or may not be covered as a permissive user with your commercial auto policy.
What Is Covered Under a Commercial Auto Policy?
Depending on your chosen coverage, commercial auto insurance coverage may look different for each business. Your agent may recommend that you purchase the following policies:
- **Liability insurance is required for Texas businesses that use vehicles. This coverage includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- Collision insurance helps pay for damages to a covered vehicle after colliding with another vehicle or object. Your lienholder may require collision coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for not accident-related damages, including vandalism, fire, weather damage or theft. Your lienholder may also require comprehensive insurance.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) must be offered as part of an auto insurance policy in Texas. PIP provides coverage for medical expenses no matter who is at fault in a covered accident. You can also choose medical payments coverage (MedPay) as an alternative to PIP insurance. It may also help pay for lost wages, while MedPay does not.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance helps pay to repair or replace your vehicle if you are in an accident and the other driver doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage. This coverage is not required in Texas, although insurers are required to offer it.
Your agent may also recommend adding the following commercial auto coverage or endorsements:
- Gap insurance
- Inland marine insurance
- Roadside assistance
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Rental car reimbursement
- Hired and non-owned auto (HNOA) insurance
- Custom parts coverage
Get Commercial Auto Insurance Today
Commercial auto insurance is required in Texas, so getting this coverage is essential if your company uses vehicles during everyday business. Contact Iglesias Insurance today to tailor your commercial auto insurance to meet your company’s needs.