Workers Compensation Information
As an employer, the safety and wellness of your employees should be a high priority. But even the most careful companies may not always be able to avoid dangerous situations. With this in mind, it’s necessary to have adequate workers’ compensation insurance to help your business manage the aftermath of an incident.
The agents at Iglesias Insurance are well equipped to help businesses in McAllen, Rio Grande City, Alice, Mission, Edinburg and the surrounding areas acquire suitable workers’ compensation coverage.
What Does Workers’ Compensation Insurance Cover?
Following a workplace incident that leaves an employee injured or ill, workers’ compensation insurance will be critical for protecting your business from losses and damages while helping the affected employee recover. Specifically, most workers’ compensation policies can help cover the following expenses:
- Medical treatment—If an employee requires medical treatment due to a work-related injury or illness, your coverage can help with costs.
- Disability benefits—If an injury on the job or work-related illness leaves an employee disabled, your insurance can help cover disability benefits.
- Wage loss—If an employee’s injury or illness temporarily hinders their ability to work, your coverage may be able to pay for their lost or reduced income.
- Legal costs—If a work-related illness or injury results in a lawsuit, workers’ compensation can help cover representation, court fees and settlements.
- Death benefits—If an employee is killed in a work-related incident, your coverage can provide financial assistance for resulting expenses, such as funeral costs.
How Much Does Workers’ Compensation Cost?
Like most types of insurance, your workers’ compensation premiums will depend on several factors, including the following:
- Number of employees
- Total payroll
- Coverage limits
- Prior claims
Get the Right Coverage
Although in most cases Texas law does not require workers’ compensation insurance, your business should still consider this type of coverage. Without an adequate workers’ compensation policy, even a single work-related illness or injury could have devastating consequences for both an employee’s health and future, and your business’s finances.
Iglesias Insurance is here to help. Our insurance experts are eager to help your business understand its workers’ compensation needs and will work with you to build an ideal policy. Contact us today to get started.